Friday, February 15, 2013

Review of Ultrafine VC ELITE Glossy Variable Contrast RC Paper

I have recently created a darkroom in our laundry room for the purpose of making prints and possibly developing B&W film. The first photo paper I bought was Ultrafine VC ELITE Glossy Variable Contrast RC Paper from UltrafineOnline.com.

I purchase 8x10 sheets. I have developed images from film negatives, inkjet and laser negatives, and paper negatives. 

Pro:

1) Smooth surface - feels good to touch
2) Inexpensive
3) Dries quickly, takes squeegee well
4) Works well with Dektol and Caffenol developers
5) Thin enough to be used as paper negative
6) Robust

I don't have any cons - but keep in mind I am just beginning to learn how to print images. However - I love this paper.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment