- 4-way adjustment - forward / backward / left / right
- Detachable lower base - changeable to 2-way slider
- Made from light weight & durable magnesium alloy
- Lateral adjustment rang: 1.2" (30 mm) / Fore/aft adjustment range: 2.4" (60 mm)
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 4.7 x 2.8 in. (210 x 120 x 70mm) / Weight: 1.04 lb. (470g)
I used a program called Combine ZP to align, scale, and stack the images. It is a free program that works remarkably well.
The Velbon unit worked well. I only wish that the X and Y movement knobs were on opposite sides. They can be made that way, and I will make the effort. More than once I had to start over because I moved the X position instead of the Y position. Here are my camera settings:
White Balance - Manual
Shutter Speed - Manual - 160
Aperture - Manual - 2.0
Mirror up delay - 5 secs
I started where the center (Highest point) of the flower was in focus and moved in in 17 increments. I mounted the slider on my ballhead.
This exercise was just that - an exercise to see how to do the setup and use the software. The Velbon slider is a vital part of the setup and it performed very well. I can also recommend the Combine ZP software.