Thursday, June 28, 2012

TimerAndroid - Running apps at certain times

I have described my blog as mostly photography related and I think it is. Today I will discuss a cool android app call TimerAndroid. And it doesn't have much to do with photography.

Background: I wanted to be able to turn the bluetooth network on/off at certain times of the day automatically. I have voice sync in my auto, and I wanted to turn on bluetooth during my morning and evening rides to work. I wanted to do this automatically.  I didn't want to leave the bluetooth option on all the time because of the battery drain.

I found the an app called TimerAndroid which will do just that. I am able to set the blue tooth function to come on at 6:00AM and off at 7:00AM. Then I also set it to come on at 4:00PM and go off at 5:00PM. And it works. Did I mention it is a free app? How cool is that?

It is relatively easy to program. You add an entry for a given time, and then choose on or off. So to have something on from 4:00 to 5:00 requires 2 entrys, one for on at 4:00 and another for off at 5:00. It works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment