Tuesday, June 1, 2010

GMDesk for photographers

I like Google. I like Google Docs. I like Picassa Web Albums. GMDesk is an Adobe Air application which allows you to use Google Mail, Google Docs, Google Reader, Google Maps, Google Calendar, and Picassa Web Albums on your desktop, outside of a web browser. I find this useful for uploading images to Picassa Web Albums and creating various documents.

I don't use Picassa on my computer, but I still like to store and share photos in the Picassa Web Albums. GMDesk makes access to Picassa Web Albums simple and easy.

And while Google Docs are not as sophisticated (yet) as MS Office Suite, they do offer quite a bit of functionality and they are available from any web browser anywhere in the world. Again, this is just plain cool. I often create blog entries as a Google doc, then transfer to blog at a later time. I also store interesting web content as Google Docs. The uses are numerous.

If you use any of the Google apps, give GMDesk a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment