Tuesday, March 23, 2010

ATI Radeon 4350 and Photoshop

As posted earlier, I recently built a new computer system. I used the ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB video card. I use two monitors, one a HDMI monitor and the other a VGA monitor. Recently, I downloaded and installed OnOne's PhotoTools 2.5 Lite and PhotoFrames 4.5 Lite plugins. PhotoFrames ran without a hitch, but PhotoTools popped up an error that my video card did not support OpenGL standard. I knew that the HD 4350 does support OpenGL 3.2 so this didn't make sense. It came down to not having the latest driver for the HD 4350 card. The latest version for Windows 7 64bit is 10.2. Once I updated the driver everything was ok. When I opened the Preferences in Photoshop and looked under Performance, I saw where Photoshop now recognized my video card and allowed for OpenGL to be selected. I was able to run PhotoTools 2.5 Lite after that. These two plugins are cool. They are free. Why not download them and try them out?

2 comments:

  1. wait, how did you update the driver? i'm also using radeon hd 4350, 1gb. My OpenGL is already enabled. Do I have to update my driver frequently?

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If everything is working for you, don't worry about updating. I downloaded the driver from the ATI Radeon sight.

    ReplyDelete