Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Things I carry with me on a photoshoot

We all have things we like to take on every photo shoot. If I am going further than my own yard - I like to take the following items in addition to my camera and lenses.
 
1) Rocket Blower - This duster is shaped like a rocket, and happily sits on its fins when not in use. It also fits nicely into a camera bag. I use this to blow off the mirrors and sensors inside the camera. Also, a quick blow on the outside of a lens will remove most dust without using a cloth. Not good for fingerprints. (Giottos)
 
2) Heat pad - I use a small heating pad, those filled with magic beads, as a steady rest/prop for my camera when doing macro photography. Much like the 9"x12" model shown here: Thermalon.
The pads conform to rough terrain and make a stable, clean rest for the camera. You can also use them for sore muscles.
 
3) Off camera flash - I have a Metz 48 flash which I use with a Manfrotto flash bracket. I use the flash for fill quite a bit. I have a homemade diffuser made from a plastic tub and some wax paper. It softens the light nicely.
 
4) Extra batteries for camera and flash. We all know the benefit of extra batteries.
 
5) Extra memory cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment