Thursday, July 9, 2009

Texter - Windows Productivity Enhancing Software

I was listening to Zane Sanders on a CameraDojo podcast yesterday. He was talking about the business side of photography, GTD (Getting Things Done), answering emails, productivity, etc. One productivity tool he mentioned was Text Expander for the Mac. This tool will replace typed character shortcuts for the longer text. For example, TWIMC can be set up to output "To whom it may concern". So for common repetitive text strings, it can be a real time saver. I use Windows, so I searched and found a similar tool called "Texter". I installed it and set up some shortcuts. It works really well and I expect to save typing time in Thunderbird (email), Word, and Blogger. Give it a try, here is the link: Texter

No comments:

Post a Comment