Saturday, June 27, 2009

Shoot, shoot, shoot

I listen to many photography podcasts, read many photography blogs and books. One recommendation is to shoot, shoot, shoot photos. I think this is good advise - if done correctly. The goal is not to fill up your hard drive with worthless shots. The goal is to make each shot better than the previous one.

I have taken my fair share (more than) of bad shots. The process of taking the shots, adjusting the settings, and viewing the results has s l o w l y made an improvement in my photographs. I have learned more about which shots will work, and which ones will not. My technique has improved.

I also suggest you shoot, shoot, shoot. Digital makes it easy. But make each shot count and mean something. You don't want a hard drive full of worthless photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment