Monday, May 29, 2023

LuLu Publishing Review

 Lulu offers an economical way to print one offs. I have printed several books, both in B&W and color and have been extremely pleased with the results. Lulu offers many options for printing books. The options I have used so far are as follows:


Book, >500 Pages (so far)
Print Book: US Letter (8.5 x 11 in / 216 x 279 mm),
Print Book: Digest (5.5 x 8.5 in / 140 x 216),
Standard Black & White,
Premium Color,
80# White,
60# White,
Paperback,
Glossy Cover - cover created using Lulu's cover designer
Perfect bound

I generate my content with a python program that I wrote. This program produces print ready pdf's with the exception that it does not embed fonts. Fonts must be embedded for pdf's used on Lulu. This is easy to accomplish - simply open the pdf in a pdf viewer, like FoxIt and print to "Microsoft Print to PDF" in Windows or something similar for MAC/Linux. I have also used Affinity Publisher to generate content as well.

The pricing is very reasonable. The quality is high. I used MagCloud at first but switched to Lulu and saved $$. You can easily find coupons/promos as well to save even more. I highly recommend Lulu for publishing the type of books described above.

Book Cover Example


No comments:

Post a Comment