Sunday, July 21, 2013

Review: SMC Pentax-FA 80-320mm F4.5-5.6 Teleoto Lens

I recently picked up this lens on eBay for $80. I got the silver version. I use it on my K30. I already had a Tamron 70-300mm telephoto lens. So basically, I am comparing the two. The autofocus is similar to the Tamron, slow and imprecise at times. The sharpness of the Pentax lens is much better than the Tamron. I find the sharpness suitable wide open. The color reproduction is excellent. I do not get the CA on the Pentax that I easily get on the Tamron. I have just had this lens for one day and I think I no longer need the Tamron 70-300. Sadly, I paid more for the Tamron than the Pentax lens. Very good lens for the price. Here is an image taken with the Pentax SMC FA 80-320mm lens:

Spicebush Swallowtail

No comments:

Post a Comment