Sunday, October 21, 2012

Shuffle images in folder using Faststone Image Viewer


This past weekend, I was creating slideshows from some of my images. I was using Lightroom 4. The slideshow module in LR4 does a pretty decent job, but is limited in transition and pan and zoom effects. So I searched for some other solutions. Of all the solutions I downloaded and tried, on LR4 had the "image shuffle" feature. I think this should be a very common feature but it isn't, at least not in the software I tried.

How to shuffle image files? Use Faststone Image Viewer. I have talked about this versatile program before. Here's how I did it.

1) Export jpg's of my images from LR4 to a folder on the desktop.
2) Right click on the folder and select "Browse with Faststone"
3) In Fastsone Image Viewer, select all images


4) Press "F7" to shuffle images









5) Select all images. Select "Tool" then "Batch Rename All Images" (F4)




6) Select "Rename"



7) Now the folder will have the shuffled images.



No comments:

Post a Comment