Saturday, May 19, 2012

Olympus E30 My Mode

I have had for Olympus E30 for a couple of years now. I really like the camera. There is a lot of functionality that I haven't been using. As I mentioned in another post, I have been shooting in the sepia mode on my point and shoot. I thought that the E30 had a sepia mode as well. It does! I don't think I've ever used it till now. The benefit of shooting in the sepia mode for me is that you can immediately see on the lcd if the image is going to work as a sepia image.

Then there is the need to save the sepia image. I usually shoot RAW only, and when the E30 is in the sepia mode, the RAW images are color as usual. Even though the lcd preview is sepia. If you want to save the sepia image you have to be in the RAW + Jpeg mode. The sepia images are stored as .jpg's. This is fine and dandy, but I don't want to stay in the RAW + Jpeg mode all the time. I don't want to shoot sepia's all the time. What to do?

My Mode to the rescue. I simply put the sepia and RAW + Jpeg settings into Mode 2 and set Mode 2 as the selected mode. I also set the fn (function) button to activate My Mode. So now, I have the camera set up as I normally shoot and when I want a sepia shot (with RAW + Jpeg) I press the fn button along with the shutter. Works great! The are two My Mode setting, so I could add another.

No comments:

Post a Comment