Thursday, September 22, 2011

Inkpress DuoMatte 80 Inkjet Paper - 5x7/50 sheets

Inkpress DuoMatte 80 Inkjet Paper - 5x7/50 sheets
I have recently reviewed Moab Entrada double sided inkjet paper. I was considering buying some more - until I saw the price. I decided to try another less costly brand for making photobooks. The photobooks I'm making are really just practice books, so I don't need the more expensive Moab paper. I selected Inkpress Duomatte 80 paper. The paper is 215gsm and 12 mil thick. It is very white and smooth. It takes the inks from my HP D5460 printer very well. Printed images have good color,contrast, and brightness. 

One of my concerns was how well this paper would do when printed in heavy color on both sides. When printing in heavy color, the paper does curl a bit. But it seems to flatten as it dries. Printing on the 2nd side in heavy color behaved much the same way, curled when wet, flattened as it dries. When all the prints are made and dry, I bunch them together, lay flat, and put some weight on them. They work fine in my photobooks.

The paper has a wonderful feel and the bright white color is beautiful. I recommend this paper for projects requiring single or double sided prints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment