Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tempered Glass Surface for Alternative Photography

I have been looking for a piece of tempered glass to use as a flat surface when coating my papers with sensitizers. Today I found the perfect solution at a local shop. I picked up a tempered glass cutting board for about $10 at World Market. It is approximately 12"x16". It had a crinkly texture on top but was smooth as glass on the bottom. It is about 3/16" thick. It also has a nice print and plastic feet attached to the backside. Since I am going to use the smooth side, I had to remove the plastic feet and the glued on photo. I pried the feet off with a knife. I used a single edge razor in a holder to scrape off the glued on photo. Then I glued on the feet to the crinkly side. After it was washed up and dried I have a nice flat surface for using a coating rod to coat my papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment