Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Protecting your photos for longevity

I have recently been printing a lot of photos. I enjoy handling the prints and seeing them come alive on paper. In the past, I would put my prints in albums. This is a good way to view and protect them, but takes a lot of space. A more efficient storage method is photo boxes. You can purchase file boxes for small prints (5x7, 4x6). I use a protective sleeve when storing my images in boxes. These sleeves hold 2 images (back to back). They are made from archival safe poly. I got mine at Print File, Inc. It's a nice way to protect the images. It keeps fingerprints and dirt off of the images. You can also buy tabbed index cards for the boxes organize the prints. Print File, Inc. also has archival boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment