Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summertime Photography Blues

Summer is in full force. Here in SC it is hot and dry. Most of the landscape is dull and brown. Plants are in distress. Gardens (which aren't watered daily) are in sad shape. 

For me, this makes for a challenging situation. The challenge is to find things to photograph. The challenge is to go outside and seek. Leave the air conditioned comfort of home and get out and look. Then, when outside, everything looks so dried up and parched. Not a good photo, unless you want dried up and parched. 

And I sweat. Profusely. All over my camera and sometimes my subject. 

So I think maybe staying inside and doing still life's would be a better alternative. 

Or maybe take a week or two off from photography.

I can't do that.



No comments:

Post a Comment