Sunday, August 9, 2009

DIY Camera Battery Charging Station


I have two Oly cameras and a dual battery grip for one. I have lots of batteries. I wanted to cleanup the battery charging situation and this charging station is the result. It has two Olympus chargers for the BM-1 batteries and one charger for CR-V3 LiOn batterries. I trimmed the power leads and then soldered them together to one plug. I made the power lead short, cause it sits on my workbench, but you could leave it long. I epoxied the chargers to the wood base. The wood base give the chargers some heft so they stay put. I find it works very well. The addition of a power switch would be nice.

2 comments:

  1. What are using the rechargeable CR-V3 batteries in? I've tried them in both my FL-36R and FL-50R flashes and they don't work?

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ownuser battery grip came with an external battery pack. That's what I'm using the CR-V3's in.

    Wesley

    ReplyDelete