Sunday, July 12, 2009

Revisiting photo locations.

Ansel Adams wrote "Repeated returns may be more rewarding than prolonged waiting for something to happen at a given spot". I have put this to test in the last year. I have an hour lunch and I like to go on photo walks during this time. Ofcourse, the range I can travel is limited. Therefore, I have visited and revisited the same locations many times. Some visits don't result in photos, while some do. I almost always see something new or see the same thing in a different way. The different seasons also produce changes in the landscape and light. Rain, fog, snow and sunshine also offer different opportunities. Animals, insects, and plant life change. Water rises and falls. I am not sure this is what Ansel Adams meant when he said the line above - but you can revisit places and find new things to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment