Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ownuser Battery Grip for Olympus E510 Review

I have had the Ownuser Battery grip for my Olympus E510 for about a year now. It's time to talk about what I like about it and what I don't.

General

The Ownuser battery grip is well made and blends well with the E510. It looks like the grip that Olympus should have made.

Likes

1) Add heft to the camera, better fit in hand
2) Two batteries last longer than one - Be sure to use 1600mAh batteries to get the benefit.
3) Portrait shooting is easier - having an additional shutter button for portrait shooting is a big plus.
4) IR remote control from front or back.

Dislikes

1) Uses USB cable jack - so if you want to use the Interval Timer that was previously reviewed, you have to remove the grip connection. You still have camera power, but you loose the shutter controls on the grip. Not a big deal, I don't like fiddling with the cables and plugs
2) Will drain batteries if left on
3) Make the camera heavier - Duh

Overall, the longer battery life outweighs any negatives. I like this accessory very much. I just wish the same grip fit my E330.

No comments:

Post a Comment