Sunday, March 1, 2009

HP Photo Smart D5460 review

Over the Christmas holidays my Epson C82 crapped out and I had to buy a new printer. I ended up buying an HP photo Smart D5460. this printer wasn't a huge step, it's a relatively cheap printer. There was an improvement and printing speed over the Epson. The print quality is about the same. it does have a unique features that the Epson did not have such as a paper holder for 5 x 7 and 4 x 6 photo paper. And it will print on CDs and DVDs which are made for printers. It also has multiple card slots which allow you to load your card from your camera and print directly without going through a computer. It has a very small LCD screen where instructions are displayed.

One thing I don't like about it is the fact that there are no aftermarket inks available for it yet. It does have individual ink cartridges which is a good thing, and they are relatively inexpensive as far as print cartridges go but still cost a lot of money. It would be nice to have an aftermarket choice.

I don't like the printer interface as well as I did the one that came with the Epson. And the print previews are absolutely archaic.

The colors are great and the printing speed is fast. Overall I would have to give this printer at a fairly high rating.

One day I hope to have a Epson professional model printer, until then this will be sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment